Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Just to sit and sleep

Continuous pain is a bummer. Yesterday, I felt pretty good. I was able to sit with less pain., and managed two meals without squirming. I even swam for about 20 mins, with out kicking.

Today is different I couldn't get comfortable last night. The shooting pain was back in full force. I needed something to give and unfortunately it was me.

I got to Dr. D's office late because of traffic. By time I got there, I thought I was going to scream. Dr. D didn't want me to take pain killers. He tries to stay away from them, so you won't accidently hurt yourself. But I needed to be able to sleep through the night. He said that I could take the ibuprofen and codeine pills that I got from a secret source only at night.

I started crying in his office, because I just needed a break. I can't sit and be out of pain, and lying down is the same. If I walk too much my back starts to ache. But walking and standing are the best way to get the shooting pain down my leg to stop.

The MRI place hadn't returned my call, so he got on the phone. Before he was finished explaining the x-rays to me, they had called back. My insurance was going to cover the cost of it, which was a huge relief. Dr. D then called the neurosurgeon. He said that it might take another day or so to get an appointment set up with him. I guess it'll be good to know what he thinks, but I'll wait until I'm home before I consider anything close to surgery.

By the end of the appointment, I was feeling a little more sane, and in a little less pain. I'm hoping tomorrow will be better.

No comments: