Saturday, September 18, 2010

Hawaii Dreaming

19 days until I leave for my first vacation since went to Jackson Hole for a wedding in 2007. I wasn't able to do much that trip, because I had had back surgery 2 months earlier. All my other trips have been triathlon related, so they don't really count.

Anyway, I'm heading to Hawaii with 3 friends I made through training for triathlons. We have been planning it since earlier this year. Actually, I've been watching it planned while training for Ironman Lake Placid.

There certainly was a time when I was sure I wasn't going. But I've been getting a lot of work lately. And even though I know I probably should set the money aside for when there is less to no work. I really couldn't let go of it. So I'm gonna make the most of it as cheaply as I can!

Tuesday I bought the ticket. I now I can't wait to get there!

Setting the time on the beach and being out of New York city aside, I'm really looking forward to seeing and cheering at Ironman World Championships.
All the double duty working is gonna pay off with a beautiful vacation with fabulous friends!

No comments: